1934: opening of the T˘kyű Department Store (commonly called T˘kyű T˘yoko Store) in Shibuya (T˘ky˘).
1954: opening of the West Building of the T˘yoko Department Store; the 9th and 10th floors were used as a theater, which was named T˘yoko Hall (later it was renamed T˘yoko Gekij˘, the T˘yoko Theater).
December 1954: first Kabuki performances at the T˘yoko Hall to celebrate the opening of the West Building with the young actors of the Onoe Kikugor˘ Gekidan and Ichikawa Ennosuke Gekidan troupes:
June 1958: revival at the T˘yoko Hall of the drama "Kishi no Himematsu Kutsuwa Kagami", which was staged with the following casting:
1985: closing of the T˘yoko Theater.
Two pamphlets for performances of the Ichikawa Sh˘jo Kabuki troupe at the T˘yoko Hall
|Contact | Main | Top | Updates | Actors | Plays | Playwrights | Programs | Links | FAQ | Glossary | Chronology | Illustrations | Prints | Characters | Derivatives | Theaters | Coming soon | News|